Months ago I found an idea on Pinterest, a series of posts one blogger wrote... 30 things my kids should know about me. It sounded like fun to me so I pinned it with the intention of doing it. Months later and I haven't done it yet. But now seems like a good time.
First post... 20 random facts about me.
1. I like to keep a tally of how many times I've worn a pair of shoes so I know if I got my money's worth out of each pair. This should tell you two things: a) I love shoes. b) I don't like to spend money frivolously.
2. I've read the entire Harry Potter series a minimum of 12 times. And I cry at the end. Always.
3. I got my Becky Mochaface nickname while working at Starbucks when I lived in Boston because I literally (and that's the correct use of the word literally) got mocha syrup on my face and didn't have time to clean it off until the end of my shift.
4. As you can probably tell by #3, I'm a grammar nerd.
5. I love to exercise and be active. Running, windsurfing, swimming, yoga, Bar Method. Just about any kind of activity.
6. One of my favorite ways of spending a weekend night is playing board games.
7. I can change a flat tire, a skill I think every driver should have.
8. I get a bit road rage-y while driving. Especially during rush hour.
9. Things I can't stand: the sound and sight of people chewing/popping/smacking/otherwise masticating gum; people twitching/shaking their feet and/or legs.
10. I love doing sudoku and crosswords and also watch Wheel of Fortune for the word puzzles.
11. I like to be in control.
12. While I have nothing against cats, I am definitely a dog person.
13. I am not the world's best housekeeper. As long as the house is relatively picked up, I don't worry too much about how clean it is.
14. Whiskey. Craft beer. Nuff said.
15. Opie sometimes calls me Beck-I-E because I went through a phase as a teenager when I decided spelling my name with a -y was too common so I changed it to an -ie.
16. I like to make my own cards for any occasion. I don't get to actually do it as often as I like anymore but I still try to whenever I can.
17. I write to work through whatever problems I'm having. I even had a poem published in a magazine. Swimmer's World but still.
18. My high school did not have a swim team until I [and my sister] convinced the school board to let us start one.
19. It was my dream to move to Boston but wasn't sure I had it in me. It was thanks to the encouragement of Omy and Opie that I found the courage to do it.
20. I try to look at every day with optimism and remember what my happiness is.