Monday, May 16, 2011

Miracle Gro-wer

A couple months ago, I went to a nearby nursery to look for some bushes that I could plant in our backyard flower bed. Something that would be relatively easy to take care of.

The nursery didn't have what I thought I wanted - roses or hydrangeas - but instead had azaleas. So I bought 5.

I managed to get them all planted - with some help from John.

There was a dicey few weeks where it looked like I was going to lose the whole group. I may have forgotten that they needed water. Plus there's the whole acidity factor of the soil that azaleas need. But I got something to help with that.

And now after a couple months, I've managed to bring most of them back and they're now thriving. I did lose one but that's mainly thanks to an 80-pound dog-gopher who we mostly call Cooper.

S0 I guess my thumb does have a tinge of green to it. And now I'm eyeing the rest of my backyard trying to decide what I want to do.

This could be dangerous.

No comments: