It's hard to believe sometimes that it's been a year. And yet here we are.
And as it turns out, being married - even though it's only been a year - has taught me several lessons as well as reminded me of others:
- To ask for help. John doesn't know when I don't want to tackle a project on my own. I have to speak up.
- Two are better than one. When we do projects together, it's more fun, and we're done faster.
- To lean on each other when we need to.
- To still make time for each other as well as ourselves.
- To not assume that the other knows how you feel.
- To say I love you. Often.
- To laugh. Often.
- That intimacy is more than sex. It's opening yourself up in ways that are hard to do because we avoid it with everyone else. But with each other, it creates a deeper, more fulfilling relationship.
- I no longer have to face any problem or challenge on my own. We're one unit. A team.