Thursday, May 13, 2010

W Day, Part I

I spent so much energy and effort before the wedding trying not to get sick that now that we're on the other side my body is betraying me and now there's an impending cold being preceded by a scratchy throat, phlegmy cough and achy head.

Even though my head is gradually getting murkier, I managed to get to the DPS yesterday to renew my driver's license and change my name. Luckily, it wasn't too painful an experience. So I'm one step further in that process.

I managed to stay sane while I waited by reminiscing about that event a few weeks ago that brought me to stand in that line.

W Day was perfect. And by perfect I don't mean that nothing went wrong. I mean that the day exceeded every. single. expectation I had. That was perfection.

Quick side story...

After I was done taking pre-ceremony pictures, I was ushered into the bridal room while DH took his pre-ceremony pictures. My sister who was out there for those pictures came into the room with the biggest owl eyes like she wasn't sure how I was going to react to the news she had to deliver and asked me if DH was supposed to be (and in this 0.2 second pause my head filled in "Be here? Uh, yeah!") in the white vest. Apparently DH and his dad had gotten their tuxes switched since they share the same name, and his dad was in the white vest and tie. Ok, so this story doesn't transfer well to the interwebs, but it was hilarious, and I will never forget the look on her face.

Back to your regularly scheduled post...

I woke up the morning of W Day - after having several wedding nightmares, thanks to the episode of Friends when Ross says Rachel's name in his wedding to Emily - and had breakfast with my family before we left to go to the salon.

Another quick side story...

After we set the date last summer, I must have put it into the calendar on my phone because an alarm on my phone went off that morning to remind me to get married that evening. I about fell out of my seat laughing at my ridiculous self.

Back to your regularly scheduled post...

We were ahead of schedule after getting our hair did and maked up. My dad drove me back to our hotel to rest for a bit before we had to be at City Club to get ready for the ceremony. I couldn't just sit in the room and watching TV had zero appeal to me, so I did what I always do when I have extra time somewhere and I have to wait: I read my book. It was the best idea because I was able to get my mind off the wedding for a little bit.

Finally it was time to leave so we could get there in time to change before pictures. After a little bit of confusion regarding locked doors and the City Club coordinator not remembering that we were going to be there at 3 not 3:45, we finally got into the room.

Just as I was about to sneak downstairs to peek at the ballroom where the reception would be my brother-in-law announced that DH was there so I had to stay in my room. That's where I stayed until it was time to start the ceremony.

While I stood in the doorway waiting to walk out to meet my dad so he could walk me down the aisle, my heart that had slowly become full during the day swelled to the point of almost bursting. I smiled, took a deep breath and stepped out to meet my future.

To be continued...

P.S. I know. No pictures. I will post them as soon I get them.


Michele said...

cute, but you should have added the side story of how your dad forgot he was walking you down the aisle and took a seat next to your mom. Then the light bulb went off and he went out to get you. :)

Becky Mochaface said...

Ah, but he didn't really forget. It was all an act ;-)