Damon and Carlton (or your own higher power) grant me the Serenity
to accept the answers that you have written
the courage to develop some answers of my own
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Watching one episode at a time
Enjoying one scene at a time
Accepting character arcs as their pathway to peace
Taking, as all fans have, this wonderful show
as it is, not as I would have it
Trusting that the show will be incredible
if I surrender to its awesomeness
That I may be reasonably happy in this season
and supremely happy with rewatches of the DVDs
forever in the future.
- Jack is now the new Island Protector. Jacob gave Sawyer, Kate, Hurley and Jack all the choice for who would do it. And no surprise, Jack accepted.
- Richard is possibly dead when Smokey threw him around. Though I don't know for sure.
- Ben shot Widmore over their old you killed my daughter so I'm going to kill yours fight. But not before Widmore revealed he came back to bring Desmond because he's a failsafe due to his unique resistance to the Island's electromagnetism.
- Ben joins MIB/UnLocke/Smokey. Or at least he seems to. I'm hoping he's just playing along for now because it's better than running. I would really hate to see the redemption he started working towards when he confessed all to Ilana to be for nothing.
- Desmond escaped from the well. How and who helped we don't really know though Claire could be a candidate. And rather than be upset by this missing failsafe, MIB/UnLocke/Smokey is happy because he's going to get Desmond to help him destroy the Island.
- Jacob reveals to Sawyer, Kate, Hurley and Jack why he brought them to the Island. Why he chose them: Because they're lonely and flawed. Because they're like him. He took Kate off his candidate list because she became a mother and hence no longer alone.
- Desmond knocks sense into Ben (literally) and he remembers his Island life.
- Ben realizes Alex thinks of him as a father. And a little flirtation goes down between Ben and Rousseau. Creepy.
- Locke is finally willing to let Jack fix him and talks about how destiny (coincidence according to Sideways Jack) continues to bring them together.
- Desmond turns himself in for running over Locke to Sawyer who locks him up with Kate and Sayid. As they're being transported to county jail Ana Lucia frees them for $125,000 from Hurley. Sayid goes with Hurley and Kate goes with Desmond to the benefit concert for the museum where Miles' dad works.