Got this one from Jennifer (technically she didn't tag me but I'm gonna do it anyway, so there :P )
10 years ago...
August 1998. I was starting my senior year of high school and applying to college. I applied only to two: Texas A&M and t.u. Obviously, my decision after being accepted to both (thank you top 10% rule!) was A&M. I felt at home on that campus while on an official campus tour with my mom. Even though I had practically been raised to be an Aggie and had been on its campus before, I did give t.u. a fair chance. Of course I applied to that other school for only one reason... my boyfriend at the time John 1.0 (I call him 1.0 to distinguish DBF from the first John I dated. My sister likes to call DBF, John 10.0 because she says he's 10 times better than the first. I tend to agree, at least in terms of being better for me). I digress. In August 1998, life pretty much focused on school, swimming and finishing up the summer season of lifeguarding. Life was easy - at least looking back on it I think of it as easy, I'm sure at the time I didn't think so - and I was looking forward to my last year of high school and moving out of my parents' house.
5 years ago...
August 29, 2003. I was in Boston, having moved there just 5 days prior. This was both incredibly exciting and incredibly scary. I had 3 roommates I barely knew. I was living in a city where I knew no one. Not to mention how incredibly different it was from where I had grown up and where I went to undergrad. I was intimidated and exhilarated at the same time. As I started to meet people in my program and around the city, whenever I would tell them I was from Texas, I would get this look that spoke all too well of the stereotypes running through their minds. And I did manage to bust through some of them (well I do have a big/loud mouth. What? Don't look at me like that. Shit.) as well as teach them some things they didn't know (Texas was it's own country. Not a great country. But still. We governed ourselves for 10 years or so. Crap. Maybe that's what started it. Also, if you're in El Paso, you are closer to LA than the eastern border of Texas. :O ). This is one of the best - if not the best - experiences of my life. I learned so much - and not all of it was in school.
5 months ago...
At the beginning of the month, DBF was still unemployed having been laid off in January. By the end of the month though not only had he found a job, but he had also moved to Plano which was much closer to me than North Richland Hills. I was more than thrilled at this. I also was dogsitting Zoe for my parents given their hectic schedules that month. Other than that, life was pretty normal.
5 things on my to do list tomorrow...
2. Pick up my prescription
4. Hang out by the pool
5. Watch Noises Off
5 things people don't know about me...
1. I once went to a Nsync concert. Some girlfriends and I were obsessed with them for a year or two in college. We'd watch their tour DVD over just to watch Justin shake his hips.
2. I cannot stand gum. I think it's tacky and gross to be chewing the same thing without ever swallowing.
3. I have watched every single episode of Charmed at least 4 times.
4. When I was little and my dad would come home late, I would imagine him having to fight ninjas, which was what was making him late coming home from work.
5. When we were little, I convinced my sister to sneak up into the attic with me because I thought it would be cool. And then I watched her fall through the sheetrock onto the concrete floor of the garage. No permanent damage. I think.
5 bad habits...
1. Road rage. Anyone who's either been in the car with me or been on the phone with me while I was driving knows this all too well.
2. Not thinking before talking. I've had way too many foot in mouth moments to even care to think about.
3. Sarcasm. I need to learn when to dial it back.
4. Swearing... as much. No way I could give it up completely. Shit.
5. Making excuses for myself. I have dreams. So why am I holding myself back?
5 places I've lived...
1. Fort Worth, TX
2. Aledo, TX
3. College Station, TX
4. Boston, MA
5. Dallas, TX
Tag 5 people...
You. I tag you.